This training is designed to enable small teams to be able to reach out to the media, as well as their already established audiences.
It provides an introduction to writing press releases, news stories for a website, and offers practical advice on how to distribute them to media and share them through social media for maximum effect.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for staff from organisations who have little or no communications support. As well as first job professionals who are wanting to improve their writing skills.
What to expect
- guidance on what makes a news story, practical exercises, group discussions and hand-outs
- practical advice in how to writing press releases that grab the attention of the media, and effective news stories for a website
- support on how to disseminate news stories to the media
- find out how these new skills can be applied to your day-to-day work
Participation in the training will enable you to:
- understand what makes a journalists ears prick up
- understand how the use of plain English can help you reach out to new audiences
- understand the power of news stories for a website in telling your organisations story
- develop your writing skills
- enhance your readership
- apply your new writing skills to other areas of your work such as copywriting for a website and your emails
In Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, or Central Belt £250
The rest of Scotland: £250 + travel expenses
The rest of the UK: £250 + travel and accommodation expenses
In Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, or Central Belt £350
The rest of Scotland: £350 + travel expenses
The rest of the UK: £350 + travel and accommodation expenses