This training is designed to enable small teams to be able to tell their organisations story. It will demonstrate how people can use their writing to keep their audiences connected to what they are doing, and to help them reach out to new audiences.
It provides an introduction to writing news stories for a website, and offers practical advice on how to share them through social media for maximum effect.
Who should attend?
This course is ideal for staff from organisations who have little or no communications support. As well as first job professionals who are wanting to improve their writing skills.
What to expect
- guidance on what makes a news story, practical exercises, group discussions and hand-outs
- practical advice in how to writing effective news stories for a website
- support on how to disseminate news stories
- find out how your writing skills can be applied to your day-to-day work
Participation in the training will enable you to:
- understand how the use of plain English can help you reach out to new audiences
- understand the power of news stories for a website in telling your organisations story
- develop your writing skills
- enhance your readership
- apply your new writing skills to other areas of your work such as copywriting for a website, press releases, and your emails
In Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, or Central Belt £250
The rest of Scotland: £250 + travel expenses
The rest of the UK: £250 + travel and accommodation expenses
In Edinburgh, Glasgow, Stirling, or Central Belt £350
The rest of Scotland: £350 + travel expenses
The rest of the UK: £350 + travel and accommodation expenses